Re: LYNX-DEV cookies

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV cookies
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 20:14:21 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden wrote:
>I'm sorry, but I can't make head nor tail out of the on-line help nor
>the  man  page, regarding "cookies" in Lynx.
>
>Could you just tell me how I can deny *all* cookies *permanently*, perhaps
>in my  lynxrc  file?

        At present, that is only a configuration option, in lynx.cfg:

# If SET_COOKIES is set FALSE, Lynx will ignore Set-Cookie headers
# in http server replies.
# The default is defined in userdefs.h, and can be overridden here,
# and/or toggled via the -cookies command line switch.
#
#SET_COOKIES:TRUE

and a command line toggle (-cookies), as stated therein.  You can use
a personal lynx.cfg with SET_COOKIES:FALSE, or an alias for lynx
which includes the -cookies toggle.  If you are in a captive (no shell)
account, you must ask the sysadmin to set that up for you.

                                Fote