LYNX-DEV HPUX and devel code

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: LYNX-DEV HPUX and devel code
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:03:10 -0500

I modified the configure script to use -Ae instead of -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE.

The two result in the same thing as far as includes go, but -Ae adds some
compiler behavior I think.

In any case, -Ae is the "normal" argument one passes to HP-UX cc for ANSI
code.

I'd send along a patch to aclocal.m4 but I can't verify it since the
autoconf here doesn't seem to like the lynx configure.in.

In any case, it works with CC=/bin/cc and the generic target with the
-Ae argument.  I didn't tets it with -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE but -Ae is
more appropriate...

The ORA Unix Systems Programming for SVR4 book (by Dave Curry) lists the
applicable arguments for ANSI mode compilers on various platforms
somewhere near the front of the book... I can send them along tonight
if you want.

--
Jonathan Sergent / address@hidden / address@hidden
;