Re: now 2.7.1ac-0.36 (was Re: LYNX-DEV Request) (fwd)

From: jim e
Subject: Re: now 2.7.1ac-0.36 (was Re: LYNX-DEV Request) (fwd)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 13:07:21 -0400

On Jul 19,  3:27pm, Klaus Weide wrote:
} On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:
} >     For about a week now, nothing will build properly with curses on
} > Scott's SPARC, I suspect due to messed up system headers from an ncurses
} > installation, which also messed up the headers for it's native curses
} > library.  I sent Scott a message about this, but perhaps waited too long.
} Yes, some files were installed inappropriately when Tom recently installed
} his ncurses 4.1 on Scott's machine.  (If I recall correctly, this also
} happened when he installed ncurses 4.0 a while ago).  He has fixed it this
} morning.  I just did a test build without --with-screen=anything.

Tom has checked in patch level ac-0.37, which fixes the option popup color
problem I was having under 0.36 and NetBSD-1.2/ncurses-4.1.

I've got a related question about how Lynx works with remote xterm sessions.
When I run lynx on a Sun system (such as slcc) over an rlogin connection, I
get the the same color behaviour I do with a local xterm session under
NetBSD/XFree86.  However, when I try the same thing on a NetBSD rlogin
session, I only get a monochrome display.  What environmental differences
could cause this to happen?

I have also been unsuccessful in pointing the Lynx display to my desktop
system using the typical "-display host:0.0" or "-display=host:0.0" command
option.  This option works with other programs.

--
The dew has clearly fallen with a particularly sickening thud
this morning.