Re: LYNX-DEV cookies

From: Gregory Resch
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV cookies
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 13:12:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Laura Eaves wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 19:11:34 -0400 (EDT)
> > From: address@hidden
> > Could you just tell me how I can deny *all* cookies *permanently*,
> > perhaps in my  lynxrc  file?
>
> Use
>       lynx -cookies

Yes, I saw that on the  man  page.  It "toggles Set-Cookies header"--as if
that meant anything.

> . . .Perhaps the uses of cookies are so varied that it wouldn't be
> appropriate to list them in the lynx users guide.  It would be nice to
> see a couple examples, though.

There's no other  man  reference to cookies (nor that mysterious "header");
and the help within Lynx seems to consist of the philosophy of cookie
programming--interesting to some, I'm sure, but not what we ignorant users
*need*.

Thanks for your reply.  I am already profoundly grateful to the Lynx
developers for making the Web available to me and my '80s-style rig.
Let's hope they hear our plaintive cries for succor.

--

;