LYNX-DEV Re: Meta Refresh Tag in Lynx

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Meta Refresh Tag in Lynx
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 00:59:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Bill Churchman wrote:

> We seem to be having difficulty with Lynx recognizing
> the meta tag
>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="1; /~siast/default.htm">
>
> It seems to be recognized by netscape but not by lynx.
> We are using version 2.3. Is this a known problem in
> lynx 2.3? If so, has it been corrected in a later version?

Yes, this horrible munge was implemented in (I believe) one of the 2.4-FM
non-versions and should appear in more recent versions.  The way that the
current version handles it is that it displays a link with REFRESH: before
it followed by the length of time specified by the author.  The user must
select the link presented to continue.

If you are using 2.3, I'm afraid that you're going to find that MANY
things are not going to work properly.  You should definitely upgrade to
2.7.1 at http://lynx.browser.org/.