Re: now 2.7.1ac-0.36 (was Re: LYNX-DEV Request) (fwd)

From: jim e
Subject: Re: now 2.7.1ac-0.36 (was Re: LYNX-DEV Request) (fwd)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 07:38:48 -0400

On Jul 19,  1:10pm, Robert Bonomi wrote:
} + Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 13:15:59 -0500 (EST)
} + From: Foteos Macrides <address@hidden>
} + To: address@hidden
} + Sender: address@hidden
} +
} + "Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)" <address@hidden> wrote:
} + >I'm forwarding a thread amongst several developers to the main list to get
} + >this to a wider audience.  Klaus has included the pop-up code that Fote
} [...  snip  ...]
} +
} +     Thank you for helping to promote discussions about Lynx development
} + publicly in the archived lynx-dev list rather than in private, undocumented
} + groups (subject to mis-perception by some as cabals :).
} +
} +     For about a week now, nothing will build properly with curses on
} + Scott's SPARC, I suspect due to messed up system headers from an ncurses
} + installation, which also messed up the headers for it's native curses
} + library.  I sent Scott a message about this, but perhaps waited too long.
}
} If it'll help the active developers, I've got a 'vanilla' SunOS 4.1.3 box,
} and I can provide user accounts there for testing.  Default screen-management
} is BSD curses, and I can have slang available.
}
} Note to the  auto-configure folks -- as of early June (file set 2.7.1ac-0.28),
} the last time I had the time to try it, configure did _not_ work in this
} environment;  configure was actually dieing -- I didn't have the time to run
} down precisely what the troubles were.
}-- End of excerpt from Robert Bonomi

I don't need more computer accounts (;-), but I'd like to see more of
why the configure is not working.  If you have time, send me the config
log, etc.  If not, I'll take a user account for a while...

--
I am in particulary scintillating form at the moment.
;