Re: LYNX-DEV back-ground download

From: uid no body
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV back-ground download
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 12:09:39 -0400

On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Vomberg Semuel wrote:

> > The problem is that Lynx doesn't ask for a name until the download is
> > complete.  Also, since the download has a progress indicator that would
> > have to be sent to /dev/null.  None of this is difficult, but it is
> > scattered through different points in the code, some in src and some in
> > WWW/Library...
>
> can *you* do it ?

I can, but have other things to do.  Since I use Linux (and you might be
able to use screen), I can open up several consoles and run multiple
instances.

There was a pointer to what may be an easier way given in another message,
so there may be something I am not aware of.  I looked into it within what
I know of the source and couldn't do something as easy as a simple fork
somewhere, and the rest of the changes necessary after installing the
fork would take a while to implement and have portability problems (I can
rename a link but not copy a file until the download was complete).

--- reply to tzeruch - at - ceddec - dot - com ---

;
;