Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2.7.1ac-0.37 compile problems

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2.7.1ac-0.37 compile problems
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 13:55:41 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Adam Lloyd wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:
>
> > etc. from previous compilations.
>
> I've done a that a number times. I've started fresh by unzipping the
> source twice.
>
> I've included the make.out for anyone to look at and comment..

As I wrote previously, It seems you have some kind of weird `make'
command. If you have another one, maybe it's just a matter of changing
your $PATH so that it gets picked up.

Or since you wrote that you have gcc, you probably already have GNU make
somewhere.  Let's assume that it is installed under the name `gmake'
somewhere.  Then try:

   setenv MAKE gmake
(if using csh or tcsh)

   export MAKE; MAKE=gmake
(other shells)

(or equivalent if you have some other make installed in a different place).

and then (with freshly unpacked sources in a fresh directory tree)

   ./configure

Maybe that gets you further along.  (I am not sure whether configure
picks up the MAKE variable, I just hope it does but cannot test now.)
You may want to set CC=gcc in a similar way before calling ./configure.

  Klaus

;
;