Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2.7.1ac-0.37 compile problems

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2.7.1ac-0.37 compile problems
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:07:25 -0400

Adam Lloyd wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:
>
> > etc. from previous compilations.
>
> I've done a that a number times. I've started fresh by unzipping the
> source twice.
>
> I've included the make.out for anyone to look at and comment..

> "Makefile", line 193: Warning: Malformed conditional (you are compiling on a
> previously unsupported system, modify)

I'm confused here.

If you fetched a recent lynx2.7.1ac-0.37, then ran the configure,
the result is some config files and a file called "makefile" (notice
the lower case m).  The error above refers to "Makefile" (notice the
upper case M.  That file is _not_ the one against which you want to
run make.  Instead, you want to run

make generic -f makefile

Try that.  If things still do not work, try posting the config.status
and config.log files - maybe there's something there we can find.

Also, see if
make -v
produces any useful output as to version number.