Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 15:36:55 -0500 (EST)

"T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> 1997-07-22
>> * Mods of LYReadCFG.c to include the bad string in the error message when
>>   processing of COLOR: entries fails (based on a patch from FMG), and to
>>   handle "trailing comments" (designated by a '#' token) for otherwise
>>   valid entries in lynx.cfg. - FM
>
>Is the '#' character not allowed in _any_ configuration-file string?

        Indeed, yesterday's fotemods were overzealous.

        Today's tweaks are underzealous.

        The problem is that we added a trailing comment handler for
the KEYMAP: parser, and seeing those, an installer would infer that
trailing comments are OK for other entries such as COLOR:, so we
gotta do sumptin' about that.  I'm not keen on adding the overhead
of a trailing comment handler for each type of parser for each type
of lynx.cfg entry.  If today's tweaks are too inadequate...

                                Fote