LYNX-DEV lynx on the web

From: Ken Henriksen
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx on the web
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 15:44:24 -0400 (EDT)

I'm using the Lynx browser. For the most part it works fine (when using
mail and in my shell directory) but when I go on the web it sends
characters to my screen that make it impossible to read anything. The
problem character is the one with ascii code #15, it prints as a kind of
star, although not the same as the asterisk.

It seems to me that this character is toggling enhanced text mode on and
off. But it is also screwing up my screen big time!  I'd rather not have
enhanced text if this is the cost. Please tell me how I can change this
behaviour as my comm software has no way to filter this character.

 thank you, Ken Henriksen
address@hidden

;
;