LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx on HP-UX 10.20

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx on HP-UX 10.20
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 19:16:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Roger Hill wrote:

> I'm upgrading from HP-UX 9.04 to 10.20, probably next weekend.
>
> Has anyone got Lynx (any flavor) to work with 10.20?  I have seen several
> problem reports, but don't recall any resolutions to the problems.
>
> Thanks.

Be sure to install the select() patch for 10.20, and lynx should compile
and run right out of the box.  Once the select patch is installed, I use a
lynx binary compiled on 9.07, and it will run on every machine here
(9.01-10.20).  If you don't install the select patch, you'll get a
successful build (most likely) followed by a core dump when you try to run
the binary.  You CAN use the hack listed in the PROBLEMS file, but you'd
be well advised to apply the select() patch since it will affect other
software that uses HP's curses.