Re: LYNX-DEV Problem compiling lynx-2-7-1 + fotemods "7-24-97"

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Problem compiling lynx-2-7-1 + fotemods "7-24-97"
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 20:11:41 -0500 (EST)

Kent Robotti <address@hidden> wrote:
>I get this when i try to compile lynx-2-7-1 + fotemods "7-24-97" on linux.
>
>make linux-slang
>
>LYOptions.c: In function `options':
>LYOptions.c:1200: case label not within a switch statement
>LYOptions.c:1218: case label not within a switch statement
>LYOptions.c:1219: case label not within a switch statement
>LYOptions.c:1222: default label not within a switch statement
>LYOptions.c: At top level:
>LYOptions.c:1231: conflicting types for `term_options'
>LYOptions.c:32: previous declaration of `term_options'
>LYOptions.c:1231: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
>LYOptions.c:1232: parse error before `2'
>LYOptions.c:1232: conflicting types for `signal'
>/usr/include/signal.h:64: previous declaration of `signal'
>LYOptions.c:1232: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
>make[1]: *** [LYOptions.o] Error 1
>make: *** [linux-slang] Error 2

        Those line numbers don't point to code with the kinds of things
the compiler is saying.  The 24th's update definitely needed a make
clean before compiling.  Did you do that?  If so, you're in the general
region of spaghetti #ifdef'ing for the EXEC_LINKS support.  Could you
have modified userdefs.h in a manner which throws off the compiler
when it gets back to LYOptions.c.  I get no errors or warnings on
Scott's SPARC, though it's compiler isn't as fussy as that for linux.

                                Fote