Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx with Solaris Console???

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx with Solaris Console???
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 04:42:59 -0400

David Summers <address@hidden> writes:`

> I have Lynx running fine in an X-Term, but I can't get it to display or
> operate correctly when I am running it from the (non-X-window) console
> on Solaris 2.5.

Can you explain a bit what you mean here?  Do you mean that if you boot
up your machine (what type of machine - sparc or intel?) and then instead
of starting X you just log in, you run lynx and have some sort of
problem?  What sort?  How is your $TERM and $TERMINFO set in this
case?  Can you run vi in this case?  Descripe specifically the problem.

> Is there some run-time or compile-time option that I need to use?  I've
> looked ALL through the documentation and FAQs and mailing lists and not
> been able to find the answer to this.

I use lynx on a SPARC/Solaris 2.5.1 without using an xterm all the time.
so the answer to this second question is 'No'.
;