Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2.7.1ac-0.42: patch for FreeBSD

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2.7.1ac-0.42: patch for FreeBSD
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 18:03:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, T.E.Dickey wrote:
> > <sys/dir.h> is obsoleted for FreeBSD some time ago (warning issued),
> > please apply this patch to eliminate it.
> I believe that's in a section of the include-file that we're not maintaining,
> since it's done properly by the autoconfigure script.

Since we define CONFIG_H if configure is run, the following snippet
is ifdef'd:

/*  Directory reading stuff - BSD or SYS V
*/
#if defined(UNIX) && !defined(unix)
#define unix
#endif /* UNIX && !unix */

#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H

# ifdef HAVE_LIMITS_H
#  include <limits.h>
# endif /* HAVE_LIMITS_H */
# if !defined(MAXINT) && defined(INT_MAX)
#  define MAXINT INT_MAX
# endif /* !MAXINT && INT_MAX */

#else

/* FIXME: remove after completing configure-script */
#ifdef unix                    /* if this is to compile on a UNIX machine */
tcp.h line 546/652 89%

Tom:  is it time to remove this section after the else?

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
You're not going to appreciate me for it are you?
Not that that matters to me.   Nothing matters really.

;
;