Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx with Solaris Console???

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx with Solaris Console???
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 17:23:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:
[ original problem snipped ]
> If the problem still exists, there is likely some other problem.  The
> reason I keep 'harping' about the terminfo is that I see some weird
> behavior when using lynx (ncurses) and TERM set to sun.  For some
> reason, lynx writes over any text previously on the screen, leaving the
> original text in places where no lines were output.  It's not a big
> deal for me since the only time I would operate like this is when
> I was checking something out for someone on the mailing list <grin>.

Does the following flag help in that situation?

    -enable_scrollback  toggles compatibility with comm programs' scrollback
                        keys (may be incompatible with some curses packages)

(but it would only be a workaround, and it sounds like what you really
need is a terminfo file describing the console better)

  Klaus

;
;