LYNX-DEV To the folk providing the great cgi that generates development

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: LYNX-DEV To the folk providing the great cgi that generates development code patches
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 08:58:24 -0400

The whomever maintains <URL: http://www.slcc.edu/cgi-bin/lynx/patch-o-matic.cgi

I have one suggestion.  It would be useful to include, as a one or two line
comment at the beginning of the patch, what the user needs to do to
apply the patch.

For example - is the format known to work with the latest version of GNU
patch or not (I know that some patch formats are not all that compatible with
certain recent versions of GNU's patch).

Does one apply the patch in the directory above lynx2-7-1 or within that
directory?

Is there one or more flags that are recommended (like -p1 perhaps?).

The reason I mention this is that the last couple times I have tried to
use the patches I've had problems.  Even though all I do is configure and then
edit userdefs.h, I've had some problems with recent patches.  I get patch
asking me where the files are, even though it lists the name I end up
typing in.  I get patch failures in source and header files, etc.

;