Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx with Solaris Console???

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx with Solaris Console???
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 17:23:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:
[ original problem snipped ]
> If the problem still exists, there is likely some other problem.  The
> reason I keep 'harping' about the terminfo is that I see some weird
> behavior when using lynx (ncurses) and TERM set to sun.  For some
> reason, lynx writes over any text previously on the screen, leaving the
> original text in places where no lines were output.  It's not a big
> deal for me since the only time I would operate like this is when
> I was checking something out for someone on the mailing list <grin>.

Does the following flag help in that situation?

    -enable_scrollback  toggles compatibility with comm programs' scrollback
                        keys (may be incompatible with some curses packages)

(but it would only be a workaround, and it sounds like what you really
need is a terminfo file describing the console better)

  Klaus

----- End Included Message -----

The -enable_scrollback doesn't seem to do anything for me but the
-enable_cursor at least shows me where the cursor is even though you
can't really tell until you move it, it is at least usable.

I'm using the default "sun" console type and VI works fine.

Is there some other terminal type I could use that would work better?

Maybe something to do with TERMINFO?

   Thanks.
    - David Summers

;