Re: LYNX-DEV Mail configuration

From: WHITLOCK
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Mail configuration
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 09:05:56 -0500 (CDT)

David Woolley <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Is it possible to turn off the "cc:" function in mail messages?  I would
>
> I think it would help to have the reasons behind this policy, as I'm
> worried that this is a case of seeking engineering solutions to man
> management problems. For example, consider what happens if a user (g)oes
> to a mailto URL, or if they access one of the HTTP to email gateways
> that exist on the net.

I use Lynx as a captive menu system for limited-function and anonymous
accounts.  I have "g"oto disabled, so they can't go to HTTP gateways, and
the mailto: URLs available on the menus are those that expect anonymous mail.
So far, there hasn't been any misuse of the cc: feature to send mail to
buddies from a free account, so this change hasn't been high enough on my
wish list to work on myself, but there are situations where it would be
useful.  (I'd like to see it controlled via a lynx.cfg option, if anyone
does take this on.)

  -- Brad Whitlock

;
;