Re: LYNX-DEV Save to disk glitch followup.

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Save to disk glitch followup.
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 11:21:04 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Kent Robotti wrote:

> When i download something then save it to disk, the screen
> goes black at the bottom for a instant at the end of the
> save.
>
> This is with lynx2-7-1 and the recent fotemods "7-27-97".
> make linux-slang on linux
>

> It seems to be this below from LYDownload.c that causes the glitch.
>
>         fflush(stderr);
>         fflush(stdout);
>     /*  stop_curses(); */   <---
>       system(command);
>         fflush(stdout);
>       fflush(stderr);
>         start_curses();
> #endif /* VMS */
>       chmod(buffer, 0600);

That stop_curses()/start_curses() around the system() maybe there for a
good reason.  It may give you a better chance to see an error message,
in case the COPY_PATH command fails.

Well or maybe it doesn't, or only does so if you acces Lynx with a slow
connection where a full screen update takes such a long time that you have
time to actually see the error message.

Also it would prevent such an error message from cp from appearing
somewhere in an arbitrary place on the screen, messing it up and requiring
a ^L or ^W refresh.

I am not sure whether these are good enough reasons, or whether that's
what you want.  I don't find the effect very annoying.

   Klaus

;
;