LYNX-DEV Ultrix tweaks

From: Hynek Med
Subject: LYNX-DEV Ultrix tweaks
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 01:08:49 +0200 (MET DST)

When we are at the platform-specific tweaks, Ultrix with native CC
compiler needs -g3 for optimization with debugging info, because -g and -O
together doesn't optimize (the -Olimit flag added to -O or -g3 is right).

Apart from that, I get this error when configured with the Slang library:

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I.. -I../WWW/Library/Implementation   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I.. -I../WWW/Library/Implementation   -g3 -Olimit 600 -DULTRIX  -c
./LYCurses.c
cfe: Warning: /usr/include/stdarg.h:67: Macro va_start redefined
cfe: Error: ./LYCurses.c, line 55: redeclaration of 'Current_Attr';
previous declaration at line 50 in file './LYCurses.c'
 static           int Current_Attr;
 ---------------------^

And in order to link the lynx executable successfully, it needs magical
-G 7 flag (see my discussion with Fote on this).

Tom, could you please fix these three things?

Two more general notes:

- could lynx be default target for the generated makefile? So that I do
just "make" and not "make lynx".

- could --with-char-trans be enabled by default, as it was before it was a
configurable option?

Hynek

--
Hynek Med, address@hidden