LYNX-DEV Lynx ported to Win32 and charsets...

From: Even Holen
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx ported to Win32 and charsets...
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 17:52:57 +0200

Hello!

I've just downloaded the port of Lynx for Win32 and started out to test
it and very soon I've discovered that this version didn't respect my
keyboard settings.

I'm living in Norway and uses a default locale of Norwegian(bokmal) with
Norwegian layout of keyboard. But when using Lynx it seems to think that
I'm using some sort of american keyboard...

In addition to this it doesn't display iso-8859-1 characters properly.
(This I guess is rather a problem with the console-windows then with
Lynx...) I tried changing (using the options menu) to display PC
character set, but that didn't function well enough. The ø (as
a html entity) was displayed as the cent sign. And the Ø was
displayed as the Yen sign.

A rephrase of the last one is that I want to be able to pick/use fonts
which correctly display iso-8859-1! (Or which converts to the
appropriate Windows font) Generally some of the monospace TrueType fonts
will do. (Right now I'm using FixedSys and/or Courier New (both with
subsetting Western) in my telnet session, and it displays iso-8859-1
correctly...)

So I wonder if you have any solution to my problems. I want to use lynx
on my WinNT 4.0, but I do need the keyboard to work and the display to
work...

Thanks for the good work already done in developing Lynx. I'll hope
you'll keep the good work up, and that you'll be able to solve these
little problems.

Regards,
Even Holen
--