Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.71 with Jaws for Windows 95

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.71 with Jaws for Windows 95
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 01:53:33 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:49:46 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Wayne Buttles <address@hidden>
> On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Severino Profeta Reyes wrote:
>
> > How do I set up Lynx and Jaws to work together?  Every time I try it, the
> > computer freezes up.  Is there documentation that can help me with this?
> > We are running Jaws 2.0 for Windows with a DecTalk Express and a Pentium
> > 133 machine.
>
> Jaws is a hardware/software "talker" solution for windows, right?  Is 2.0
> for windows 95?  Lynx only runs under Win95/NT and I bet it wouldn't be
> amused by a 16 bit speech program.
>
> I know almost ziltch about Jaws and other programs since I don't have the
> cash to fork over for the hardware and my mild attempts at getting one
> donated to the cause came up with nothing.  I have been told lynx32 works
> with some speech/brail solutions.

I don't know about running the win32 version of lynx, if
that's what you're doing.
I have a UNIX account I dial into using Procomm Plus and
vt220 terminal emulation.  I build my own version of lynx
in my home directory as my ISP uses an old version of lynx.
I don't use Jaws myself, though, so i don't have any pointers
for setting it up.

Probably a better place to ask for help about screen readers and access
is the basr-l (blind access and screen readers) list.  To subscribe, send
mail to address@hidden with the line

subscribe basr-l

in the body of the message.
Good luck.