Re: LYNX-DEV using a dos xt

From: DR. JUAN-CARLOS LERMAN
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV using a dos xt
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 09:26:12 -0700 (MST)

>I would like to be able to access www addresses thru
>Lynx. Wne I try to use go I get the message "cancelled."
>I notice some options are available with newer computers
>than mine. What can I do using my dos xt? I used to be
>able to get http addresses, but no longer. Help!!

Don't press the key labeled "enter"
but only press  g  and the system will
prompt you to type the address. After
you enter the address, then press the
"enter" key.

A couple of postings to aztec's bugs.sig
tell, ERRONEOUSLY, to press "enter" immediately
after pressing  g .

Aztec is running Lynx 2.5. In this version
you can omit  "http://";  from the URLs. Lynx
will automatically prefix your www.etc string.

J.-C.
address@hidden