LYNX-DEV A bit of a security issue...i guess :/

From: dynamo
Subject: LYNX-DEV A bit of a security issue...i guess :/
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 08:57:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hey,  I tried to send this message once before but i guess your mailling
list thing was being worked on or something.

You block ports 25 and 19 in urls but youre not blocking the
"wrap around" of it, when you add 65536 to the port.
Hence you cant go to :25 but you can go to :65561.
That pretty much makes the "Alert!: Port XX not permitted in URLs."
useless.

I already told jss about this and he said he is working on a
patch for it.

dynamo

;
;