Re: LYNX-DEV LYCookie.c typo

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYCookie.c typo
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 08:32:26 -0400 (EDT)

> >> I found a few lines like the following in LYCookie.c (fotemods, devel):
> >>
> >>                     len != (strlen(co->path) + 10);
> >>
> >> I suppose that should be `+=' instead of `!=' ?
>      ????????
> >
> >probably.  (I get a bunch of compiler warnings from the cookie code - perhaps
>  ????????
> >the maintainer thereof would like to work on those ;-)
>
>       Both you and Klaus are welcome to keep incorporating any of
> the fotemods code into the development code set in whatever way you
> see fit.  But as far as these "lacking" bug reports and "experimental"
> efforts at sarcasims are concerned, like Klaus' long-winded tirades
you're welcome to look at my logs.  (please try to remember that some of us
are professionals - I've not gained that impression of you, unfortunately,
but you may eventually grow up).  I'll be putting a more current copy of my
logs in my home directory on sol once I'm done building the last of this
week's changes.  The last set is there, as lynx-logs.zip

This typo, btw, is something that the compilers & lint will complain
about.  That's reported as a "statement has no effect".  I presume you're
using DEC C, which I recall does this - if you're not suppressing the
compiler warnings.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden