Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX BUG (redirected message)

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX BUG (redirected message)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 00:00:12 +0100 (BST)

> Lynx 2-4-2 was before the Flood ( & then some).
> i had no trouble accessing that URL using Lynx 2-7,
> BUT it reports bad HTML on a number of internal links there.
>
> > *http://www.opengroup.com/open/books/#Languages/Programming*

I'd be worried about the URL itself; I would need to get out the
URLs RFC to be sure even how to interpret it:

Is it http://www.opengroup.com/open/books/   with a fragment of
Languages/Programming?

Alternatively, is it a URL containing an illegal character?

Or finally, is it a special case where # doesn't introduce a fragment?

The intention should be discernable from the actual HTML, but I'd
consider it very unsafe to include / in a fragment or try to use #
other than to introduce a fragment, whatever the standards say.
;
;