LYNX-DEV Adding additional characterset support

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: LYNX-DEV Adding additional characterset support
Date: 07 Aug 1997 11:42:26 -0600

Hello all.

I just got mail from a Russian-speaking OS/2 user who need some help
with Lynx (my 2-7-1 port to OS/2).  Apparently, he is unable to
prepare the IBM codepage corresponding to KOI8-r on his system, so he
can't use the KOI8-r character set support in Lynx properly.  For most
applications, he uses IBM codepage 866, which is an alternate Cyrillic
encoding.

How much work would it be for me to add support for cp866 to Lynx
2-7-1?  The user who need the character set sent me tables for
remapping KOI8 to cp866, but I have no idea what to do with them.  I
told him that if there were a simple patch, I'd recompile for him, but
if it's going to take more than that then he needs to find help
somewhere on installing the codepage for KOI8.