Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 386 without packet driver

From: Nick Russo
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 386 without packet driver
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 09:04:30 -0500 (CDT)

Eric, did you ever get any responses to this post? I use something at home
on my 486 called mosock.dll which when put in place of winsock.dll, tricks
network programs into thinking there's a network. It's done the job for
almost all my network programs... If you're not using windows, this may
not help at all, but I'm interested in your success...

> I'm planning to use lynx386 to browse html documents stored on local system
> on computers that have no packet driver.
> Lynx doesn't start if there is no packet driver.
> Is there any source or binary distribution (or source patch) available that
> run without packet driver ?
> I think a lot of people use web browsers without net access (for reading docs,
> or testing their home page they will upload later), so a such distribution
> should be very useful.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Eric Berenguier
>
> PS: i've already sent this message 2 hours ago,but i don't see it on the
> archive, and my 5 minutes ago message has already arrived. :)
>

> ;
> ; To UNSUBSCRIBE:  Send a mail message to address@hidden
> ;                  with "unsubscribe lynx-dev" (without the
> ;                  quotation marks) on a line by itself.
> ;

;
;