Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 386 without packet driver

From: Eric Berenguier
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 386 without packet driver
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 11:09:14 +0200

Hello,

My question was about dos version of lynx.
Solution i've chosen is to use a fake packet driver like the skeleton
packet driver included in the dos packet driver source distribution (found
on simtel). and it works fine :)

(in fact i hacked one of the existing drivers (took 10 minutes), and after
this, i realized skeleton did the job :) )

Thanks for your answer.

>Eric, did you ever get any responses to this post? I use something at home
>on my 486 called mosock.dll which when put in place of winsock.dll, tricks
>network programs into thinking there's a network. It's done the job for
>almost all my network programs... If you're not using windows, this may
>not help at all, but I'm interested in your success...
>
>> I'm planning to use lynx386 to browse html documents stored on local system
>> on computers that have no packet driver.

;
;