Re: LYNX-DEV "test" error starting lynx

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV "test" error starting lynx
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 17:53:43 -0500 (EST)

Jason Everett <address@hidden> wrote:
>We just switched over to an alpha vms system and after building the lynx
>2.7.1 executable, running it yeilds the following error on start up:
>
>%DCL-W-IVVERB, unrecognized command verb - check validity and spelling
> \TEST\
>%DCL-W-IVVERB, unrecognized command verb - check validity and spelling
> \TEST\
>
>Everything works ok, but these two lines come up before it does the
>terminal type indication:
>Terminal = vt200_series
>
>any suggestions?  If you try to define "test" as something else, you get
>the following:
>%DCL-W-UNDSYM, undefined symbol - check validity and spelling
> \N\
>%DCL-W-UNDSYM, undefined symbol - check validity and spelling
> \N\

        You have test clauses in you mailcap file which are not restricted
to those handled internally by Lynx, and you have no mailcap test script
installed on your system.  Use trace mode for a more detailed description
of what is going on.

        You shouldn't need any external tests for Lynx on VMS, so review
the sample mailcap file in the samples subdirectory and see if you can
replace your external tests with ones which Lynx handles internally.

                                Fote