Re: LYNX-DEV lynx (disk space needed)

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx (disk space needed)
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:18:08 +0100 (BST)

> It seems lynx needs about 100M free space to work correctly.
> Is that true? I am running lynx on Windows 95.

It shouldn't be.  I've regularly run it on Unix in less than 10M free,
and I believe it will run in zero free space, provided you avoid certain
things, like =, l, p commands.  I would reckon that the largest copy I
have running at the moment accounts for no more than 1MB in addition to
system libraries (DLLs) of virtual memory.  You will find it difficult
to find any recent Windows product which uses so little memory!  (These
figures are from Linux, but the figures for Win32 should be similar.)

I think we need to know precisely which Lynx binary you are using and your
reasons for believing that it needs such huge amounts of free disk space.
;
;