Re: LYNX-DEV frames/noframes and lynx on the web

From: Greg Marr
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV frames/noframes and lynx on the web
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 08:31:18 -0400

At 10:57 PM 8/13/97 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
>>    FRAME: NAV
>>    FRAME: RIGHT
>>
>>                            This site requires frames
>>
>>    If you wish to shop here you'll need to be using a browser that
>>    supports frames.
>>
>>    We've tested this site using:
[list of browsers and links to them deleted]

>this is JUST what we should be encouraging people to do.

Actually, no.  We should be encouraging people to write pages that work
even in browsers that don't support frames at all.  (The latest lynx
doesn't count in that group, as it provides links to the framed documents.)
If we encourage people to write pages in frames, and to simply provide
links to browsers that support frames in the rest of the page, then we're
encouraging them to shut out anyone who doesn't have/can't afford/can't
run/can't change to for some other reason a browser that understands frames.

--
Greg Marr
address@hidden

;