Re: LYNX-DEV lynx for a blind user

From: Hasan Karahasan
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx for a blind user
Date: 15 Aug 1997 00:52:00 +0100

Hi Brian
I'am blind myself. Lynx is the best browser for us anyhow. You should recomend
your users to use any port of it. If they run win3.11 they cannot use the
win95 port. They should try lynx386. This runs great under simple dos. Wayne
buttles did a great job with porting lynx to dos. They will also need a sort
of packet driver to get ppp or slip access to your system. If you or blind
users should need more detailed information, you may incourrage them to
contact me directly via email. You can download lynx386 or lynx95 at
www.fdisk.com/, but you won't find the packet drivers there. There is a good
collection of lynx386 including all the other stuff you need at
http://rene.simplenet.com. The page is also available in english. The so
called Lynxkit.exe includes the latest port of lynx386, the dosppp package,
some prepared configuration files for t-online, compuserve and default pap
logins as well as some installation hints in german and english.
;
;