Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Question1

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Question1
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 22:16:41 +0100 (BST)

> c:/lynx/lynx -cfg=c:/lynx/lynx.cfg -dump http://domainname.com/binary.file
> > c:/output.file

-dump should be -source

> I am not familiar with how to modify lynx.cfg, don't know how to use ZModem

Use notepad; I would strongly suggest that you do find out how to modify it,
even if you don't understand all the options at first.  It is heavily
commented; if you think an option may be relevant, but don't understand it,
come back with a specific question.

> or Kermit and don't understand what packet drivers are. (These are various

Z-modem and kermit are irrelvant in the typical NT context - they are only
relevant to people running dial up sessions with a terminal emulator to a
remote Lynx.  I think a rather poor implementation of kermit is in the
Windows 3.1 terminal program.

If you can successfully do -dump, you already have something providing
the equivalent function to packet drivers.

;
;