Re: LYNX-DEV Re:Refresh

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re:Refresh
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 09:50:45 -0600

Hiram asked about how to set a Netscape HTTP server to redirect for a moved
page and such.

Netscape uses a web based server manager. You have to start the admin server
(may have to have special privelages) by running start_admin or some such in
server's base directory (not the docs dir, but the dir in which the server
was installed). Then you must load a page in a web browser with the normal
default address for your HTTP server, but a different port specifier. You
then must be validated by the admin server by password and possibly by IP
or DNS address. Obviously, you must know the needed port number and password
at a minimum. From there, you have access to the admin server which has a
fair amount of help info in it.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,
Email: address@hidden (Scott McGee)         | run in circles,
Web:   http://www.slcc.edu/infotech/webmaster.html | scream and shout.