Re: LYNX-DEV C++/C mix

From: John E. Davis
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV C++/C mix
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 13:49:39 -0400

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997 12:03:38 -0400 (EDT), address@hidden (Michael
Sokolov) said:
>   1. Compile the Lynx source code with a Win16 compiler with the same
>options you currently use for the Win32 version (that is, use WINSOCK for

   If Win16 compilers are anything like ordinary 16 bit compilers for
DOS, then I would be surprised if lynx compiles.  The compilers that I
have used were limited to 64K of global memory.  Also, the run-time
stack is also quite small.  Finally, int is a short.  I do not know if
lynx was written with 16 bit integers in mind.

>if such an implementation exists. Also I don't know if the mainstream Lynx
>code suffers from VAXism/UNIXism (the assumption that int is 32-bit) or
>not. If it does, you will have problems compiling it with a 16-bit
>compiler.

   That is my feeling.

--John
;