LYNX-DEV Mailstart.com

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV Mailstart.com
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 05:51:21 -0400 (EDT)

970818 David Woolley wrote:
> > Sent using MailStart.com ( http://MailStart.Com/welcome.html ) - The FREE
> > way to access your mailbox via any web browser, anywhere!

> -- helpful remarks to user of 2-3 snipped --
> As well as being too long, this line almost stopped me reading the message
> before I got to the part you wrote.  It looks too much like the start
> of an item of junk mail.  Someone needs to suggest to mailtstart.com
> that they put their advertisement at the end of the message.

also, if you go look at their site,
the first thing they invite you to do is enter your e-address & PASSWORD.
that's VERY suspicious: there are a few nasty things lurking out there ...
the original inquiry came from someone apparently rather young,
who is probably not a subscriber: hopefully he's not too naive.

;