Re: LYNX-DEV To the folk providing the great cgi that generates developm

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV To the folk providing the great cgi that generates development code patches
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 08:27:35 -0400 (EDT)

> Alternatively they should also work with `patch -p1 < ...' while in the
> lynx2-7-1 directory.
I (almost) always do this - it's reliable.  I just checked the form of the
patches, see no problems wrt patch 2.1's limitations.  The main hole that I
know of is that the old/new pathnames must be different.  (I used to
receive patches from someone who didn't patch any attention to _that_, so I
had to edit most of his patches ;-).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden