LYNX-DEV underlined current link (was Re: soft hyphens)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: LYNX-DEV underlined current link (was Re: soft hyphens)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 14:03:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       Is there any chance of your including the mod to reverse but not
> also underline the current link when slang is not in color mode?  As
> Hiram confirmed when I did that in the fotemods, it makes it much nicer.
> Real reverse, plus physical underlining, is an eye sore on most terminals.
> (but using real reverse, plus bold, plus physical underlining is OK for
> WHEREIS search hits, IMHO, 'cuz you can quickly spot them as unreadable
> blotches :)

Sorry for delayed response, I was having problems with my network
connection.

When Slang is used, the devel code already has the behavior you want.
For (n)curses, I don't know why we have that additional underlining.
Probably the result of Tom copying the Slang behavior when adding
color support for curses.  Tom, is there any reason to keep this?
Otherwise, there should be a run-time test whether color is on within

#if defined(FANCY_CURSES)
        start_underline ();
#endif /* USE_SLANG */

in lynx_start_link_color (and equivalent in lynx_stop_link_color.

    Klaus

;
;