Re: LYNX-DEV No color in Lynx with slang ???

From: RamNarayan S
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV No color in Lynx with slang ???
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 03:21:09 +0500 (IST)

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, T.E.Dickey wrote:

Hi,

>> Anyone out there who has Lynx with slang (color Lynx) successfully running
>> for HP-UX ?
>I built ac #48 on HP-UX 9.05 with curses/ncurses/slang. (That's a test
>platform, so I don't have the binaries anymore - I just save the logs).
>The colors worked, as far as I can remember. I didn't check the mouse
>code.

I am  curious  as to what  your  env.  var.  TERM  was set ?  Mine is set to
`xterm'.  can I have your  termcap if possible ?  The home page for  ncurses
(Your home page I'd suppose, Thomas) states the following.

> Check the terminal description, to see if it is installed properly
> (e.g., in /usr/share/terminfo) by looking at the output of infocmp.
>
> It should contain the following capabilities:
>        orig_pair or orig_colors
>        and max_colors
>        and max_pairs
>
> as well as
>        set_foreground and set_background
>        or set_a_foreground and set_a_background
>        or set_color_pair

Bonk!!!,  The entry for xterm  doesn't  have any of  these.  As a matter  of
fact, I couldn't find any entry except `color_xterm' concerning xterms which
had the  color  capability.  And  when I ran  with my TERM  set it to it, my
terminal conked.  :-(

The uname entry for my m/c has this following
    HP-UX isabella A.09.05 A 9000/712

I also use machines with different flavours of HP-UX, i.e.  9.03, 9.01 etc.
My xterms (h/w) usually are a console and a color capable NCD terminal.

Any updates ???

RamNarayan S