LYNX-DEV Re: -traverse in lynx

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: -traverse in lynx
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 12:07:37 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what address@hidden said:
> Subject: -traverse in lynx

> I do the following...
>
> prompt> lynx -show_cursor -vikeys http://... -traversal -crawl -realm
>
> and lynx goes through and gets all the files in the http domain.
> However,it only seems to get html or text documents,but does not get
> binary (gif,zip,..) documents (puts these in reject.dat).
> I want it to get the gif documents as well (because they are lecture notes).
> How can i make lynx get them?

I have only played with -traversal once and am not knowledgeable about
this part of lynx's functionality.

This sounds like a task for which Gnu Wget would be a better tool.  That
comment has often been the answer to questions like this (where you want
to get a multi-file document).  On the other hand you could look into
whether using -source somehow in combination with the -traversal -crawl
would get you the .GIF's too.

--
Al Gilman

PS: please address questions like this to address@hidden or
address@hidden (your message will go to the same
distribution either way), I _do not_ know all the answers.
;