LYNX-DEV Re: mail notification in lynx

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: mail notification in lynx
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 08:17:25 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Adam Lloyd said:
> From: Adam Lloyd <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: mail notification in lynx

> On Sat, 23 Aug 1997, Al Gilman wrote:
>
> > Lynx has code that performs the functions required to send
> > Internet mail, just like Pine.  Pine also lets you read mail,
> > which Lynx doesn't.
>
> so I gather there is no mail notification if you have mail, this is
> something which would have to be coded into one of the mods?
>
> possibly lyoptions.c??

Maybe the experts on lynx-dev will check me on this:

Lynx usually runs in a multiprocessing environment, so that
another concurrent process running a program such as biff can
generate user interruptions announcing the arrival of electronic
mail IF you want them.  I am sure this question has come up
before.  I think this is the reason given why Lynx does not offer
this function.

--
Al Gilman
;