LYNX-DEV (no subject)

From: J.Franco
Subject: LYNX-DEV (no subject)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 15:42:08 +0200

Sorry for invade your mail box, I have seen you
at Lynx mail group, and I need some help about lynx.
Please, if this message disturb you, ignore it, and
excuse me.

I have the following problem with Lynx.

Case I:
Connect ussing Telnet to my web server, running slackware.
Type: lynx -dump http://home.netscape.com
( NOTE that home.netscape.com respond with a cgi, the
problem in all cases is only when the target site has a
cgi instead an html ).
All works fine.

Case II:
I do a perl cgi, with:
system ("lynx -dump http://home.netscape.com";);
and I run this cgi from a browser ( nobody httpd ) connection.
I received:
lynx: Can't access start file http://home.netscape.com

I have try to run the cgi ( trought the browser connection ) with the
same user that Telnet user connection, but the same user works
well at Telnet Lynx but not at cgi script.
When the target url respond with a html file ( not a cgi ), not
problem, my perl cgi works fine.

Of course I have try to run at telnet as nobody user, and all
work fine, seems like the error is only when the call to lynx to
call a cgi is done inside other cgi.
Also at telnet connection, if I do:

lynx -dump http://www.interec.com > myfile
works fine, but not