Re: LYNX-DEV reply to Leonid

From: Андрей Чернов
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV reply to Leonid
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 04:47:21 +0400 (MSD)

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:

> In the meantime, my reply (plus duplication) can be read at

- As a variation of the last point, translate all non-ASCII characters to
  &#nnnn;character references before writing.  Again this wouldn't work
  for CJK character sets, and of course would make such text unreadable
  within an editor etc.

1) CJK characters can be stored as is since they are not in Unicode in any
case. HTML rendering model work with Unicode only as RFC2070 points.

2) I don't think that bookmark file must be too readable, most people
want to delete/move things there, not edit TITLEs. You can use something
like <!-- 7bit approximated TITLE --> comment after any TITLE in Unicode.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<address@hidden>

;