LYNX-DEV Recovery from corrupted bookmark file

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Recovery from corrupted bookmark file
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 20:56:39 -0400 (EDT)

>      * Subject: LYNX-DEV Bookmarks
>      * From: address@hidden

> We are having difficulty removing bookmarks using the 'r' key and our
> system administrators say they have nothing to do with this.  What are
> we doing wrong....your assistance would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

Dear Browns,

Let's assume that they are right.  On the other hand, you have to
get out of this pickle.

I am going to point out a long way round that might be the
shortest way home.  Start a new bookmark file; then read the old
one as a document and add the links you find there to your new
bookmark collection.

Assuming that you have access to a shell, get out of Lynx and just
mv your bookmark file to a new name, say broken_bookmarks.html .

Then fire Lynx up

prompt> lynx broken_bookmarks.html

arrow or tab down to the bookmark that you want to appear first,
and a)dd l)ink; on to the next, etc.

This procedure is a bit tedious but it saves you chasing around
in the source to figure out the exact problem.

--
Al Gilman
;