Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1: broken multilaguage bookmarks

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1: broken multilaguage bookmarks
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 13:02:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Lloyd G. Rasmussen wrote:

>     Could someone use the multi-bookmark feature, with each bookmark
> file starting from a different assumed charset?

Yes, that should be possible (and I think I mentioned it somewhere).

Anyway, for most people, namely all those who always use the same Display
character set, there shouldn't be a problem, since the stuff written to
the bookmark file is already translated to the Display character set.
That is, is shouldn't be a problem once things are set up right for their
situation.

>     Having the bookmark file as valid HTML is a very useful feature.
> I feed lynx_bookmarks.html into Internet Explorer all the time; if you
> are curious how something will work in the other browser, you just
> bookmark it and go look.

As far as character sets are concerned, I hope that IE would take a META
tag with charset=... into account, so that, if Lynx (or the user) has put
that META in the bookmark file, IE will show the right characters.

Of course, if this is not the case, then it should be reported.

   Klaus

;
;