LYNX-DEV Lynx and secure channel, is that a reality?

From: Victor Tsaran
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx and secure channel, is that a reality?
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 22:33:58 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Lynx developers!

I am designing a website which is supposed to accept credit and visa card
as well as other information that should be sent via secure channel. The
obstacle appeared when I started to test things under Lynx text browser.
I found that Vanila version of Lynx, which by default, is compiled on most
Internet machines, doesn't suport https protocol. So the idea of having
all the ISPs to recompile their Lynx browsers seems rather fantastic and
unreal.
Is there any way that I can have text-oriented users submit their secure
information through Lynx?

I would ver much appreciate your answer or advice.
Best regards,
Victor

Cyber-Tsar has renovated his KIngdom and welcomes anyone interested to
visit
http://nimbus.temple.edu/~vtsaran
Please talk to me after!
Bye