Re: LYNX-DEV getbkgd

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV getbkgd
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 23:35:05 -0700 (PDT)

At Wayne Buttles suggestion, I made the following patch to curses.h
in PDcurses 2.3 (beta). This allows compiling lynx without the "if
defined(getbkgd)" in LYForms.c and LYOptions.c. The recompiled lynx for
DOS now shows the background colors for popups correctly, but when I
navigate using the vi keys, I get j's and k's staying just to the right
of the highlighted title (looking in the character set choices on the
options menu). This is only a little annoying, but I wonder if anyone
has the fix.

If this patch to PDcurses fixes the problem, I'll send it to Mark
Hessling, the PDcurses maintainer, for possible addition to the next
release.

                          Doug

*** curses.h    Fri Aug 15 23:26:56 1997
--- curses.h.new        Tue Sep  2 23:11:48 1997
***************
*** 1753,1758 ****
--- 1753,1759 ----
  #define getbegx(w)              (w)->_begx
  #define getbegy(w)              (w)->_begy
  #define getbegyx(w,y,x)         ( y = (w)->_begy, x = (w)->_begx )
+ #define getbkgd(win)            ((win)->_bkgd)
  #define getch()                 wgetch(stdscr)
  #define getmaxx(w)              (w)->_maxx
  #define getmaxy(w)              (w)->_maxy
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)
          address@hidden