LYNX-DEV Proxy authorization.

From: Walter Truitt
Subject: LYNX-DEV Proxy authorization.
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 11:46:51 -0500

Hello,

I have read information in lynx about SOCKS Proxy, but it didn't give
me enough knowledge to tell if that is what I am looking for.  All I
know is the trying lynx, gives the following:

                                                   Proxy authorization required

                         Proxy authorization required

   Username authentication is required for using this proxy. Either your
   browser does not perform proxy authorization, or your authorization
   has failed.

It never asks me for the password and username, so I don't know how
to add it.  I have been looking for information on this in the
HTTP (rfc 1945) and on the internet.  I didn't find anything.  The
code it returns is 407.  Talking directly to the port gives this:

sun1464$ ~/bin/hose onramp 8080 -slave < utdallas
HTTP/1.0 407 Proxy authorization required
Proxy-agent: Netscape-Proxy/1.12